Our brand new, ground-breaking dance course has been developed based on "Old School" principles.
Dance training is becoming less and less focused on pure dance and being watered down with various other disciplines.
At Old School Danceworks our priority is to ensure all trainee professional dancers receive a daily Ballet, Contemporary and Commercial Jazz class plus classes in Pas de deux (partnering), Choreography, specific strength and stretch classes including Pilates. Vocal coaching will be specifically targeted to audition situations.
Some facts about the course:
- The three year course for age 18+ runs Monday - Friday - 38 weeks of the year.
- The aim of the course is to produce professional dancers who are physically and mentally prepared for the audition process and the ensuing professional contracts.
- The Old School faculty have decades of combined professional and teaching experience including working with some of the top Ballet, Contemporary, Commercial Jazz and West End companies.
- We strongly believe having "been there" we know what it takes to "get there".
- This is a hardcore dance course and your body and mind will be pushed to the limits.
- We are also fully aware that the career of a professional dancer is not forever so we have incorporated a useful and valuable qualification: Performance Arts Award - Level 4 Diploma in Dance Teaching.
- This internationally recognised qualification is not specific to one genre of dance. Whichever style you decide to specialise in your qualification will allow you to teach safely and effectively.
Our dance courses are conveniently located for Manchester, Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and Sheffield.